Most of the gold items are brass on the inside and 18 karat gold plated.
(some gold items are made of sterling silver with an 18k gold plating, this is stated in the description of each item)
Our gold plating is beautifully thick and of the best quality we could make.
As it’s certainly tempting to wear your Wildthings Collectables Jewellery all the time, we recommend removing when doing any of the following activities excessively:
- Gold plated jewelry does not have the same characteristics as solid gold. It is water resistant, however, overexposure to water may wear off the plating faster. For long-lasting plating, we advise removing jewelry when showering, swimming and exercising.
- Avoid interaction with harsh chemicals found in hot tubs and cleaning products.
Scratches and user marks may occur on the plating and sterling silver pieces. This is normal when wearing it for a longer time on a daily basis. Also it’s completely natural for sterling silver & gold plated items to oxidize or lose their gloss over time.
Please note: Brass may have an effect on your skin. That being said, everyone reacts differently to metals.
For some of our items we use cultivated freshwater pearls with AA quality, originated in Thailand. Since the pearls are cultivated they are sustainable. For long-lasting use of items that contain pearls we recommend to:
- Store on its own to avoid scratches.
- Avoid any contact with chemical substances, such as: perfume, make-up and hairspray.
- Remove when showering, swimming and exercising.
- Take off before going to sleep.